My main book blogging project this year has been compiling the Brit Lit blog. Every weekday, I summarise what’s happening in the world of British books and publishing. It’s been fun, and rewarding, and my to-be-read pile has grown exponentially.
I’d love to expand the Brit Lit blog. I’d love to spend more time bringing you news and views from the British book world, like:
- A weekly post of new books out
- A monthly post of notable books to look out for
- The chance to ask for — and get — specific recommendations on a topic, and to ask questions like “if I like this American author, which British author should I try?”
- A weekly roundup of podcast episodes
- A weekly roundup of reviews from major blogs and other publications
If this sounds fun to you, good news! You can help. I’ve started a Patreon. Patreon is kind of like a Kickstarter, but instead of contributing to a specific project, you provide ongoing support to the person behind the project, in exchange for exclusive content — like those weekly and monthly new books posts. You can contribute for as little as $1 per month, and when I hit $50/month of donations, I’ll introduce Saturday Suggestions: weekly recommendation from the British backlist.
Find out more at patreon.com/britlitblog — and please tell your friends!